FAMOUS TOWNS & VILLAGES - EZE - MONACO - PANORAMAS - CORNICHES - SAINT-PAUL-DE VENCE
A spectacular Minivan Excursion on the balconies of the French Riviera to discover the iconic towns & villages that anyone must know
visiting Côte d'Azur for the first time. You will be amazed by thousands of panoramas overlooking the most beloved jagged coast of France, seen from the heights of the Mediterranean Alps. The
touristic cliff hanging routes, certainly on beaten tracks, but seen through the prism of a local and professional guide who knows like the back of his hand its traps and hidden
You will enjoy breathtaking panoramas from the coastal & highest cliff roads that run along the most suggestive part of the French Riviera thanks to the astonishing reliefs of the Alps that fall steeply into the Mediterranean, leaving the visitor with the impression of striking colors contrasting between the intense blue of the sea and the sky, the greenery of the mountains & pine forests and the arid white of the limestone. An intense blue like the bottom of the ocean and as calm as a lake in the morning, which has inspired so many painters and poets.
Let's follow that stunning roads & landscapes that locals are never tired to admire everyday, punctuated by many photo stops to contemplate the most impressive belvederes. No way to miss the famous village of Eze, a maze of medieval paved tiny streets & its hanging exotic gardens perched on their eagle nest overlooking the sea, a must-see! The medieval part and the 16th century portals are perfectly preserved & its charms are even more attractives thanks to the prestigious art galleries where talented artists and craftsmen works.
Then, we will go downhill to the Principality of Monaco, a haven of wealth and a tax haven, to visit first of all Monte-Carlo, its most fashionable & luxuous district. The Casino and the Opera of Monte-Carlo (guided visits possible on prior request) is the Belle Époque masterpiece and the oldest casino in Southern Europe, built to receive the cream of European aristocracy & the richest families the world, making of Monaco the very privileged Principality that is still today. As an added bonus, we will visit its perfectly preserved & luxuriant gardens with monumental exotic trees & many modern artworks around.
Then we will visit the famous Old Town known as "The Rock", from the top of which dominates the Grimaldi Family Prince's Palace: where the highlights are the magnificent cathedral, where are buried the tombs of Grimaldi princes, the extraordinary Oceanographic Institute (guided tour possible on prior request), very emblematic building hanging spectacularly over the Mediterranean and splendid exotic gardens overlooking the whole Principalty & the new pharaonic projects of construction in progress.
Lunch in Monaco:
Consult us to suggest you the best restaurants or to recommend you the Monegasque snacking specialties.
In the afternoon, we will visit 2 other exceptional sights: Antibes, with its ramparts and medieval military port, the former royal bastion of France, today hosting the biggest yachts of billionaires and alleys full of charms and stories to tell; and Saint-Paul de Vence, the most unique village of the French Riviera, with an incredible and perfectly preserved 16th century fortress. A jewel of medieval art like almost no other village has managed to preserve, and reminiscence of all those painters, actors and celebrities who have left their soul and heart around.
Highlights of "French Riviera Classics" Minivan Excursion:
This itinerary can be modified and improved according to your tastes and interests if you are more attracted by these following options :
- Villa Rothschild and its 9 magnificent gardens (+15€/person with audioguide, +24€/person or +50€/group with commentaries by our accreditate guide)
- Villa Kerylos and the exceptional history of Greek civilization (+11,50€/person with audioguide, +21,50€/person or +50€/group with commentaries by our accreditate guide)
- Trophy of the Alps at La Turbie, the Roman monument 1st century AC. dedicated to Emperor Caesar Augustus (+6€/person)
- Fishermen's Chapel drawn by Jean Cocteau in Villefranche (+3€/person)
- Picasso Museum in Antibes (8€/person) & Renoir's House in Cagnes-sur-Mer (7€/person)
- Fragonard Perfumery in Eze (free) (Possibility to make a Parfume Lab Experience Masterclass, ask for quote and availability)
- Other exceptional authentic towns and villages (Villefranche/mer, Saint Jean Cap Ferrat, Roquebrune Cap Martin, Biot, Valbonne, Menton etc) or other natural parks, botanical gardens or coastal paths.
Local and certified guide and heater
Pricing conditions :
* These excursions are suitable for children/families: (Student rate (from 18 years old) = -10%; 12-17 years old = -15% (the teenager's height must be + 1.55m); 5-12 years old = -30%; 1 - 5 years old = -50% (child seat - 1m).
Departure of visit: minimum 4 persons - maximum 15 persons (possibility of larger groups -50 pers.)